November 1, 2020 UPDATE
Beginning on Saturday, November 7, we will start a second Service at 6:00 pm. This service will be identical to the Sunday morning service. The intent is to provide one more opportunity for everyone to attend a service in person, without the concern of being too crowded. The Sunday services will be at our normal time: 10:30 am.
- We have made the necessary changes to comply with the guidelines set by the CDC for houses of worship. One of the changes is that we have reduced the seating capacity in our sanctuary by closing every other sitting section so that we can maintain social distancing during our service.
- Families will worship together on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, we have a Mom & Baby room for parents with infants and children 2 years old and down. Older children will sit with parents for the Worship time and then are dismissed to attend Children's Church.
- We are asking those attending to refrain from entering the building until 15 minutes prior to the service. Then, as soon as each service concludes, please do not congregate in the sanctuary or lobby so that social distancing guidelines can be maintained.
- Use your own discretion about wearing protective masks. If you do not have one and would like one, we will provide one for you.
- Doors will be open in Welcome Center to avoid contact with handles. Enter the sanctuary through the front main doors (Welcome Center).
- Water fountains will be closed.
- Sunday School will meet regularly starting at 9:00 am. Please see click here to check classes available..
- We will not pass out Bulletins. Weekly information and upcoming activities will be shown during the pre-show before services start. They will also be available on our website (www.oakwoodbaptistchurch.com), and Facebook page.
- Offering plates will not be passed. During our time of worship through tithes and offerings, we ask you to walk to the stage and drop off your tithes/offerings on the plates provided. You may also continue to mail it to the church office, drop it off during office business hours, or use online giving.
- Live streaming services will continue on our website www.oakwoodbaptistchurch.com, Facebook, and YouTube for those who are more comfortable worshipping from their homes.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Studies, Children's Ministry activities, and Youth Group will meet at 6:00 pm. We will not be having the Wednesday Night meals at this time
- Practice social distancing. Our church is a loving church and after such a long time of not seeing everyone in person, it is only natural to greet one another with a handshake and/or hug. However, in order to make all the effort that has been put in place to make this a safe environment for us to meet, please refrain from shaking hands and hugs at this time.
- If you are not feeling well, have a fever, or have come in contact with someone who is ill, please stay home.
- Sanitize your hands on the way into the building.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth.